If you have an oily T-zone i.e. your forehead, nose ,chin and cheeks are oily that means you have a combination skin. The width of your T-zone can determine if you have a combination-oily or combination-dry skin type. If there is more active oil secretions in T-zones that are signs of combination-oily and if it is drier than it is combination-dry skin type.
The following are few useful regimes to care for a combination skin type so that your skin maintains its glow and radiance irrespective of anything.
• Step1 of 2: Tips to Care for Combination Skin:
For a combination skin it’s must to maintain balance between oily and dry skin. The point is that don’t over –cleanse the T-zone and chin and don’t apply excess of moisturiser for protecting the dry areas.
So, wash your face with a gentle face cleanser and lukewarm water and emollient facial moisturiser to soothe dry areas.
2.Use a Gentle Scrub:
In order to clean the excess oil from the skin, don’t apply an abrasive scrub as this can cause more oil production and also irritate the skin. You can of course ex-foliate your skin but don’t bet too harsh in order to remove the extra oil.
3.Wear a Sunscreen:
This is must to follow when you step out for a sunny day. Prolonged exposure to sun can definitely lead to skin damage and tan. So, look for sunscreen masks that are meant for combination skin.
4 .Use A Night Cream:
As you need food after a long day so does your skin. For people with combination skin using a night cream will help to repair and provide the much needed moisture that can bring back the glow as you wake up for the next day. Applying a night cream can work as an anti-aging tool also.
• Step 2 of 2: Natural-Remedies for Combination Skin:
- Honey and lemon juice can work as a perfect cleanser for combination skin. Just take a few drops of lemon juice and mix with one tablespoon of honey. Then apply it on your face by gently massaging for a minute or two. Rinse the face with normal water.
- Fuller’s earth face pack can create fine balance between the oiliness and dryness of the combination skin type. Mix fuller’s earth with water to form a paste and apply it for 10 minutes.
- Papaya pulp can also be applied on combination skin type. Apply the de-seeded pulp for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse the face with cool water
- Take a tsp. each of pineapple juice, coconut milk and cornstarch and mix together. Then apply it to your face for just 10 minutes and wash your face.
- Cucumber juice can also be applied on combination skin for few minutes and then later on washed with cool water.
Still confused about your skin type? It is not so difficult, read here to know yourself: Which Skin Type Do You Have?