What Acne Treatments Are Best For Me?
The answer to this question depends on several factors like your age, gender, acne severity, how long you’ve had it, etc.
- For mild to moderate acne, a combination of a topical cream or gel containing either a retinoid or benzoyl peroxide along with a topical antibiotic is recommended by the dermatologists.
- For more inflammatory acne, an oral antibiotic may be added.
- A drug isotretinoin which is very effective, is used to treat severe cases of acne. Side effects and blood abnormalities must be monitored monthly.
- You can also go for various types of light or Photodynamic therapies to treat your acne.
- Natural Acne remedies are good for acne cure as they are safe, effective and leaves a long lasting effect.
- A proper diet and a stress free mind, are the best treatment for the acne problem, both in teenagers and adults.
When Should I See A Dermatologist For Acne Treatment?
While mild acne cases can be treated with natural remedies or counter medications, you should consult a dermatologist, if:
- Your acne is worsening, despite of best skin care at home.
- You have cyst and nodule breakouts. These can cause scarring and can lead to various skin infections.
- You think the acne on your face are the result of the side effects of certain acne skin treatment or medications.
- Using OTC products (non-prescription medications) aren’t improving your acne, consult a dermatologist.
- You get tired of trying all sorts of treatments and remedies and still you get no result. When you feel depressed and extremely upset, please talk with your doctor.