Although the acne breakouts are common in teen age, they can also affect adults.Women are more prone to adult acne than men.
The reasons of adult acne can be:
• Hormonal fluctuations during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and even menopause in women, results in acne breakouts.
• Side effects of certain medications, such as anti convulsants and steroid drugs can also cause acne in adults.
• Some people may also have a genetic predisposition to acne. According to a study, 50% of adults with acne had a parent with acne.
• Stress is a common cause of adult acne. Due to stress, our bodies produce more androgens, which can lead to acne.
• Improper use of acne skin treatment can also sometimes worsen your acne.
• Improper diet, especially a diet rich in carbohydrates can also predispose you to adult acne. You should have a diet with low glycemic index.