Do you suffer from Psoriasis, and are wondering what kind of cream or other remedies you can use to manage it in Canada? In this article we are going to cover what Psoriasis is and what you can do to manage the disease.
Although the ‘master switch’ that turns on the Psoriasis- a skin condition is still a mystery, it is assumed to be caused due to the malfunctioning of immune system. It is a chronic skin disease affecting 7.5 million Americans, and 125 million people worldwide, according to the National Psoriasis Foundation.
Different forms of psoriasis can vary from patient to patient. Some may get red and white patches, while others might manifest symptoms like colored patches, and while in some others no palpable symptoms are seen.
So, if you are affected by this irksome disease, check out these natural psoriasis remedies to cure it.
- For Psoriasis, moisture plays an important role. Therefore, use a humidifier to keep the air in your home or office moist to prevent dry skin before it starts. The patient should also apply moisturizers to keep the skin supple and to prevent it from forming plaques.
- Nothing is as healthy as olive oil. It has additional benefits for the skin. To lock moisture and nutrients in, simply apply olive or vegetable oil to scales and blotches of psoriasis. If possible, massage with few tablespoons of olive oil on your scalp to further minimize plaques.
- Most soaps and perfumes can inflame psoriasis as these contain dyes and perfumes in them. Products labeled as “for sensitive skin” should be used as they are made without the dyes and perfumes.
- Dilute baking soda in thrice measure of water and apply it using a sterilized cloth or cotton. This may help reduce the itchy sensation of the colored patches.
- The Ultra Violet Rays cause sun burns which in turn contribute to psoriasis. As such, you should be proactive about preventing your skin from these harmful rays. Use an effective sun protection formula to avoid psoriasis.
- Above all, the universal remedy for all ailments is proper diet that plays a role in managing psoriasis too. Try to eliminate red meat and fatty foods as these can further aggravate the condition. According to The National Psoriasis Foundation soy, nuts, chocolate, and cranberries are a few “functional foods” for the treatment of psoriasis.
If you’re looking to try some of these remedies and are looking for a great Psoriasis cream in Canada to use, check out our product here and begin managing condition right away.